Commercial Fire & Smoke Damage Removal Service
Seeing your business threatened by a fire is a very traumatic experience. After such a devastating loss, reassurance comes from having clear guidance and support to minimize business interruptions. At MBG Solutions, Inc., we’re business owners too. We’ll work to get your doors back open as soon as possible, while guiding you through every step of the process.
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Smoke Damage Removal
- Pack-Out Services
Fire damage goes beyond burning items
- Ash and smoke can continue to cause damage and corrosion to materials if they are left behind.
- Odors from smoke will stay in a room or a home long after the fire and continue to cause problems if they are not removed.
- In a few minutes, walls and other surfaces can be discolored.
- In a few hours, finishes on kitchen appliances turn yellow.
- Smoke causes etching in glass after just a short time, and smoke will tarnish metal quickly.
Not all fire damage is the same. Our fire restoration process is thorough and proven. It includes:
- Identifying the source to determine the type of fire that occurred
- Evaluating the areas that are wet as a result of firefighting that may need treatment
- Remediating water damage (if any)
- Evaluating sensitive materials that may be damaged as a result of smoke and soot particles
- Removing contents from the structure, including:
- Collecting immediate items you may need for the next seven days such as any remaining files, documents and material you need to continue running your business as smoothly as possible
- Packing out the remaining contents for cleaning and storage
- Performing structural restoration, including:
- Removing any charred contents that may seal in smoke such as insulation and burned wood
- Evaluating carpets and floor coverings that may need to be removed
- Inspecting the framing of the house and subfloors for safety
- Treating affected surfaces for smoke odors and sealing to keep any leftover odors from leaking back into the structure
- Cleaning, eliminating odors and deodorizing surfaces to pre-loss condition
- Returning items to the original location and helping to restore your normal life
Quick response and action are critical. The more time that elapses before treatment, the greater the damage.
MBG Solutions, Inc., provides homeowners as well as business owners with highly reputable, licensed, insured and endorsed technicians that are experienced at tackling fire and smoke restoration.
Our methods and processes meet or exceed industry standards.
IICRC TRAINED RESTORATION TECHNICIANS
Our experts have completed advanced training in fire mitigation, restoration and corrosion control. We also require Continuing Education to learn about new techniques and equipment to better serve you in your time of need.
We understand that as the property owner, you deserve clear and thorough communication, and we will give our full cooperation to both you and your insurance claims representative.
Don't try to do it yourself!
The residue left behind after a fire is a biohazard and can cause health problems if it is not taken care of correctly and thoroughly. You should not attempt to clean up your home or business on your own after a fire or you may cause secondary damage. Only experts with the right training and tools can assure the job is done properly.
Did you know that smoke continues to destroy your home and its contents even after the fire is out?
Smoke that has coated or penetrated surfaces continues to affect the chemical composition of fabrics, metals, walls, ceilings and even tiles. Count on us to handle every aspect of the smoke and soot removal as well as restore areas damaged by fire.
- Corrosive by-products can cause irreversible etching in as few as 72 hours. Call for professional help
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
- Clean laminate surfaces as well as chrome, porcelain and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over returns and supply registers to capture loose soot in the air.
- Discard any open food packages.
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave doors propped open.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified restoration dry cleaner.
- Do not touch anything with your bare hands. Oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls and woodwork, causing additional damage.
- Do not wash walls. Incorrect cleaning could compound the soot residue.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Do not use electrical appliances until having them checked.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.